Saturday, 22 March 2014

Gallery: Dogs of War

This post will be dedicated to my personal DoW collection, hopefully giving you players some inspiration and ideas for your own army. If you would like your own models to be showcased, feel free to send me an email with links to your models and you will also have your own entry in the site's gallery section.

This post will be updated regularly with new photos as more of the army is completed, so I recommend checking in rather often if this interests you.

The colour scheme is a mixture of Venice and Milan during the Medieval Ages/Renaissance, similar to the official Marksmen of Miragliano. Originally started out with only burgundy and white with a golden serpent as the heraldry, but later opted for adding dark green to the trousers and changed the serpent into the Venetian lion. Might still go back and make a mixture of the two in photoshop and then print the banners out.

Ghazak Khan

Being the final DoW SC, I finally have the entire collection. Unfortunately his bow and quiver was missing when I bought it, so I replaced it with bits from the Goblin Wolf Riders kit instead. I'll probably add a proper back banner eventually.

Mercenary General

This is the classic Mercenary General released by GW in 1998. Did a lot of kitbashing to add more detail and made his horse rearing to make him look more important. And yes, his horse is in fact wearing armour on top of its armour.

Mercenary General

Reman Halfling General Maximus "the Great". Model from Hasslefree Miniatures.

Mercenary Captain

Rodrigo Delmonte, Captain of the Alcatani Fellowship. I did some kitbashing to make him look more like the book cover. I plan on adding a lion cloak later on to complete it.

Mercenary Captain

Female Mercenary Captain. In hindsight it was a bit of an unnecessary purchase since I have so many models to fill the same role already, but all the weapon details just screamed "mercenary" to me. Model from Reaper Miniatures

Mercenary Captain

Elven Mercenary Captain. Might use it as an extra champion for my Mercenary Elves in the future. Model from Reaper Miniatures

Hireling Wizard

Using the Lore of Metal, obviously. Model from Reaper Miniatures

Hireling Wizard/Truthsayer

From GW's Dark shadows campaign. Will be used as a Lore of Life Wizard, unless I play with Storm of Magic rules.

Hireling Wizard

A Tilean noble woman, or Lucrezzia Belladonna on foot. Model from Reaper Miniatures

Hireling Wizard

An Elven Mage wearing too little clothes. I blame the Tilean climate. Model from Reaper Miniatures

Hireling Wizard

Sorceress using the Lore of Fire, with a pet dragonling. Model from Reaper Miniatures

Assassin

Johann the Knife from Mordheim. I will probably be using a more Tilean Assassin in my games though, but it's a nice model nonetheless. Model from Citadel Miniatures.

Elf Ranger

Sneaking about the forest. Love this model. Nienna from Reaper Miniatures.

Norse Chieftain

"Smash puny Imperials!" Model from Reaper Miniatures 

Norse Chieftain

Flexing to impress the ladies. Model from Avatars of War

Crossbowmen

Basic crossbowmen from Perry Miniatures, equipped with pavises for extra protection.

Pit Fighters

Gladiators from Black Tree Design, a great mix between fantasy and historical.

Mercenary Dwarfs

Varangrian Dwarfs, decked in plate armour and wielding great axes. Gold Seeker on the far right. Models from Westwind Miniatures

 Curin's Cataphracts

One of the three RoR's I wrote after seeing the models. Super-heavy Dwarf Cavalry on barded warhorses. Models from Westwind Miniatures

Ballistae

Originally bought these as Scorpions, but they are a bit too large to really fit that role. Will use them as Ballistae instead as soon as I get some proper Scorpions to replace them. Models from Black Tree Design

Ribault

A really old model I picked up on eBay some years ago. The crew are old Empire crewmen, the Ribault itself I'm not so sure of.

Bronzino's Galloper Guns:

The Classics from the DoW range. Only thing that irks me is that I got 2 identical sets of crew

1 comment:

  1. As I saw today, there could be a huge release for Estalia @ kickstarter right now.

    Check out this:

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haste/the-empire-28mm-heroic-scale-medieval-fantasy-huma

    ReplyDelete